Reserve Your Skipper 11' Jet Now!
“Just took delivery of a new 2016 Walker Bay and I couldn’t love it more. Had a great time working with Skip and Carol. Their knowledge and customer service is legendary. Skip made sure we got the right tender that is powered perfectly for our use. Got caught out in a squall this weekend with 80 mph wind gusts and driving rain. Felt more comfortable in the dinghy that I did on our flybridge.“
Why are Yacht tenders so popular and what are the benefits of ownership?Tender Care Boats has been servicing the marine industry for over 35 years. WE have seen and experienced the rigid inflatable industry evolve since its inception. Many boats models and segments have been created, but there isn't another type of boat out there with as many uses than a rigid inflatable.
Rigid inflatable boats are most known for being versatile boats with several types of uses. Recreational, commercial, military, life boats, safety and rescue. A rigid inflatable is also good for ferrying passengers, wakeboarding, tubing, diving, snorkeling, and much more than just being a yacht tender on a much larger vessel. Here in Fort Lauderdale, we mostly see them as a tender on yachts or mega yachts.
Rigid inflatables have a reputation for cutting through the water easily because the shape of the hull makes it much better in rough water conditions to allow for a smoother, softer ride, even in the worst of conditions. If you are looking for a boat that provides stability in nearly all situations, this is the type of boat you want. And if you have kids, it is a very safe boat, and they are virtually unsinkable.
Here are 11 other benefits of rigid inflatable boats:
- It does not capsize easily
- The rigid construction makes it stable even at high speeds
- They remain buoyant even when they have taken on water
- Because the tubes are compartmentalized from each other, there is little danger of it sinking in the event that one tube section malfunctions
- Can be used in all types of water from calm lakes to rough seas
- It can be easily maneuvered, even by inexperienced drivers
- Resistant to low-impact collisions because of the PVC or Hypalon tubes surrounding the hull
- Lightweight and easy to trailer
- Fuel efficient